Past CAPP Projects
OAPA's CAPP program brings planning resources and opportunities to communities that would otherwise not have access to these services or planning expertise, and to strengthen the ability of community members to influence or determine decisions that affect their quality of life. Here are some examples of our previous projects.
Willamina, Oregon: A Youth-based Economic Development Approach
- Problem statement / general topic for workshop: Developing community-driven actions to spure economic activity and revitalization of Willamina, with particular focus on the needs of young adults and children.
- Download a pdf of the Willamina CAPP final summary presentation, March, 2017.
- Read an APA blog post about Willamina, by OAPA member Karl Lisle.
Lincoln County, Oregon: Planning for Community Health
- Problem statement / general topic for workshop: Helping Lincoln County identify strategies to improve community health with better access to healthy food and a changed built environment that facilitates physical activity.
- Download a pdf of the Lincoln County CAPP final summary presentation, June 2017.
- Read an APA blog post about Lincoln County, by OAPA member Becky Steckler.
For More Information
Contact Deb Meihoff for more information on OAPA's Community Assistance Planning Program.