OAPA Awards Program
Each year, the Oregon Chapter of the American Planning Association honors outstanding efforts in planning and planning leadership. We have been recognizing talented planners and their work across Oregon for over 30 years. Nominations are received and reviewed by the OAPA Awards Committee, a volunteer group of planning professionals from around the state.
For the 2020-2021 cycle, the Awards Committee will consider projects in the following categories:
- Student Achievement in Planning: An exceptional project, study, or plan produced by individuals or teams of students enrolled in college or graduate school in planning or a related field.
- Adaptive Leadership - Professional Planner: Outstanding individual leadership in the rapid planning and implementation of a strategy that increases the ability for a community to respond and recover from and adapt to shocks and stresses
- Distinguished Leadership - Lifetime Achievement: Recognizes a person's commitment and contribution to the planning profession and/or to the Oregon Chapter of the American Planning Association.
Awards Committee Members
The OAPA board thanks the members of the Awards Committee for their hard work in recognizing the great work that our members do every year.
- Colin Cooper, AICP, Chair
Planning Director, City of Hillsboro
- Amanda Ferguson, AICP, Co-Chair
Planner, City of Cottage Grove
- Miranda Bateschell
Planning Director, City of Wilsonville
- Peter Gutowsky, AICP
Planning Manager, Deschutes County
- Tom Humphrey, AICP
Community Development Director, City of Central Point
- Nicole Mardell, LEED Green Associate
Principal Planner, City of Sisters
- Ken Pirie, AICP CUD, LEED ND
Principal, Walker Macy
- Erin Reome, AICP, LEED AP BD+C
Senior Associate, Planner, and Project Manager, SERA Architects
For More Information
Contact Stephanie Green for more information on OAPA's Awards Program.