All AICP planners must participate in mandatory continuing education to maintain their certification. AICP members must earn a total of 32 CM credit-hours (including CMs for both Planning Law and Planning Ethics training) within their two-year reporting period. If not all credits are logged within that period, members may log their credits during the grace period ending on April 30.
Credits may be earned from a variety of eligible activities, including:
- Attending an activity from a registered CM provider (e.g., workshops, lectures, webinars, online courses, etc.).
- By speaking/instructing at an activity that is registered for CM credit
- By self-reporting attendance or speaking / instructing at an activity that is not registered for CM credit by the provider but meets CM criteria and is approved by APA staff.
- By authoring an article that meets AICP criteria
- By participating in qualifying volunteer activities.
- Click here for further information.
- And don’t forget to claim and log your credits! Click here for tips on how to claim and record log your CM credits.
Click these links to learn more about CM program basics, criteria required for CM training, and how to become a registered provider. For CM requests, contact the Chapter Professional Development Officer.