AICP Exam Preparation
To become a certified planner, entitled to use the AICP designation, American Planning Association (APA) members must meet certain education and experience requirements and pass a written examination.
Test takers should focus on being familiar with the topics outlined in the exam subject matter summary. In addition, APA provides some information on exam preparation that shouldn’t be overlooked, including lists of recommended readings and a simulation of the computerized testing.
Some additional resources:
- National Planning Landmarks and Planning Pioneers – lists names and events that could appear on the exam
- Some of the topics on the APA Homepage under Knowledge Center have useful summaries
- AICP Exam Prep presentation from the session at the 2017 National Planning Conference
- Oregon APA AICP Exam Prep Webinars from 2018 and 2019 on YouTube
- Portland State University and Oregon APA April 2022 AICP Exam Prep Webinar
Also, more resources can be found on other Chapters' websites; here are a few that people have found to be helpful: