Senior Region Planner
Oregon Department of Transportation
Salem, OR United States
Planner 3 – Senior Region Planner
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 2
Transportation Section / Planning Unit
Join our team in Region 2 as a Planner and put your organizational, critical thinking, and project management skills to use! In this role you will head project teams in the planning, development, and delivery of complex multimodal projects. Apply today!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Determine program priorities, in collaboration with the Region 2 Planning/Development Review Manager and Area Manager.
- Identify resources needed to conduct a planning project. Where consultant services are needed to complete the work, conduct selection processes, negotiate consultant budget, administer contractor contract, and evaluate consultant performance.
- Lead project teams consisting of a variety of internal and external partners in a collaborative manner, in transportation planning and solutions for projects conducted in the long-range multi-modal transportation corridor, system planning and community development activities.
- Incorporate the findings of group planning processes into comprehensive plans and ordinances.
- Represent us during local land use proceedings in reviews of proposed comprehensive plan amendments and site developments.
- Participate in project development teams for construction projects.
- Give presentations to industry representatives and Regions.
- Assist in Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) development and grant administration.
- Operate independently, but with a collaborative mindset.
- Promote a culture of authentic inclusion.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
- Six (6) years of planning experience related to the job.
- A bachelor's degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field; AND Three (3) years of progressively responsible planning experience related to the job.
Note: A master's degree in regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Must be able to work effectively in both solo and team settings.
- This position requires advanced knowledge of transportation planning and community development disciplines.
- Have a good understanding of Oregon land use laws and transportation plans and policies.
- Proficiency in consensus building, formal public speaking, and strong writing skills are necessary for this position.
- Skills and familiarity with a wide range of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, databases, and specialty transportation planning and analysis software.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 28, 2022.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Senior-Region-Planner_REQ-111624
Questions? Email ODOTRecruitmentNH@odot.oregon.gov. ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer