City of Cottage Grove
Cottage Grove, OR United States
This position will assist with the department’s planning program, which includes but is not limited to planning project development and management, plan writing, short-range planning, code implementation, emergency management and nuisance enforcement. The intern may be assigned to long-range planning projects based upon their interest/time.
Intern will work directly under the City Planner. Some field work will be expected.
1. Provides general and technical information through the use of telephone, in-person and written communication.
2. Assists in the review of plans, proposals, and land use applications.
3. Conducts research on zoning and land use projects and studies including the summarizing of research findings.
4. Assists in the department’s outreach program through drafting letters, memorandums, public notices, agency notifications, newsletter articles, and website content.
5. Prepares maps, charts and other visual aids.
6. Conducts field inspections.
7. Utilizes computer programs to prepare reports, records and maps. Includes entering data into an electronic permit tracking and mapping systems.
8. Maintains departmental records as required.
9. Assists with coordination and communicating with other City departments, and government agencies on development, land use and general administrative processes and activities.
10. May conduct various special studies and projects as assigned.