Land Use Planner
Beaverton, OR United States
In this role, you will work directly for a Team Leader, Project Manager, or Principal on various projects. You will work as a member of the Community Planning team with experienced land use planners and other professionals providing land use planning services. A successful candidate is self-motivated, collaborative, detail-oriented, responsible and creative.
Candidates must exhibit excellent verbal, written and web-based communication skills, and familiarity with Oregon and Washington’s land use planning programs. Graduate degree in planning or similar field preferred. Multicultural and multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Geography, or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Graduate degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or related field or equivalent work experience is desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including writing reports and making presentations
- Understanding of how to interpret and apply comprehensive plans and development codes
- Knowledge of public engagement programs to reach diverse communities, such as interviews and focus groups, questionnaires, designing public events and facilitating committee meetings
- Knowledge of Oregon’s Statewide Planning System
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple project managers
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient with ArcGIS and AutoCad/Civil 3D experience a plus
- Graphic design skills desired, but not required
JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing and delivering reports, memos, applications and presentations
- Performing timely and accurate property, zoning, and utility research to ensure compliance with land use regulations
- Coordinating with co-workers, clients, project team members, and permitting agencies on deliverables and scheduling
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of public engagement activities
- Assisting with the preparation and submittal of high quality applications for land use permits and entitlements covering a diverse range of projects
- Preparing attractive, easy-to-read graphics to communicate complex ideas
- Completing quality work on time and within budgets
WHAT WE OFFER
- Fun and collaborative team-oriented culture
- Mentorship and supportive leadership
- Commitment to increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion within the company and community
- Company sponsored events and activities
- Competitive compensation, year-end profit sharing, and retirement plan with company matching
- PTO and 9.5 paid holidays
- Paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid annual dues for professional licensure and organizations • Free parking
- In-office gym and shower
- Wellness Room
- Outdoor collaboration space
- And more!
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, please submit a detailed resume showing all employment and volunteer activities to email@example.com. All submissions will be strictly confidential.
We strive to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, disability, age, or veteran status. At this time, we are only able to consider candidates who are able to work in the United States.