Planning Associate/Space Analyst
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR United States
Planning Associate/Space Analyst
Job no: 528687
Work type: Officer of Administration
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Construction/Planning, Planning/Project Management
Department: Campus Planning & Facilities Management
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Compensation Band: OS-OA07-Fiscal Year 2021-2022
Application Review Begins January 19th, 2022; open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit a complete application including an online application, a cover letter, and resume that address how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full position description.
The University of Oregon seeks applications for a Planning Associate/Space Analyst in the Campus Planning Office. This dynamic position is part of a team that participates with department leadership and staff in strategic planning on aspects of campus planning and space management. Responsibilities include projecting space needs, developing analytical space use studies for departments and colleges, coordinating space programming and space planning projects, and developing goals and metrics for achieving space management objectives set by university leadership.
Campus Planning and Facilities Management (CPFM) is a vibrant department, which comprises five units, and approximately 270 employees: Facilities Services, Utilities & Energy, Campus Planning, Office of Sustainability, and Design & Construction. We plan, build, maintain, and operate the infrastructure that supports the University of Oregon's mission of exceptional teaching, discovery, and public service. As stewards of a physical legacy, we enable the university community to achieve its potential by providing a campus that is safe, clean, beautiful, inspiring, and environmentally responsible.
Campus Planning guides the planning and design of campus to accommodate growth and change while preserving its heritage and enriching environments that support the university's mission of teaching, research and public service. We are stewards of the legacy we have inherited and will leave to others, and we aspire to work collaboratively to create an exceptional and special campus experience through the physical campus environment. Campus Planning offers services in campus planning, community and transportation planning, historic preservation, real estate management, and space planning.
VPFA Employee Spotlight: https://vpfa.uoregon.edu/vpfa-employee-spotlight
This position reports to the Director of the Campus Planning office in Campus Planning and Facilities Management and participates with department leadership and staff in strategic planning on aspects of campus planning and space management. This position advises university administration on issues related to space allocation and works closely with the Campus Planning Space Management Team and the Space Advisory Group to perform services related to space programming and space planning.
Responsibilities include establishing and implementing "best practice" standards for projecting space utilization and needs; researching, analyzing, organizing and directing analytical space studies including departmental/college space use reports; coordinating space programming and space planning projects; assisting with the university's biennial capital construction needs submittal to the State of Oregon; and developing goals and metrics for achieving space management objectives set by university leadership. This position also engages in general university or specific project planning efforts.
Interactions/contacts occur daily with the campus community in the course of performing work and responding to requests. The position will need to work effectively with faculty, staff, students and outside customers from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
Position works as a member of a team while frequently performing tasks independently. Decisions may be made about the best method and materials necessary to perform a particular task. They may also include setting priorities, assessing customer needs and responding to those needs.
Work is reviewed directly by the supervisor to ensure it is performed efficiently, safely, and meets both expectations and applicable requirements. A performance appraisal is conducted annually.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Architecture, Interior Architecture, Planning, or a related field; AND
- Two years of professional experience in architectural programming, space planning, planning, and design issues with public processes. Professional Competencies
- Demonstrates competence in architectural programming, planning, space planning, and group facilitation.
- Possesses strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to work effectively with department and university staff, and non-university professionals.
- Able to work with sensitive, confidential information in a discreet and ethical manner and in accordance with university policies and local, state, and federal laws.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, time allocation, and project management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of community groups, internal and external stakeholders, and individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Performs duties in a way that advances and supports the mission of the department and university.
- Takes initiative, looks for what needs to be done and does it.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Maintains a respectful workplace and models a positive and proactive attitude. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with the functioning of a research university.
- Experience and/or education that provides an understanding of university planning policy issues and processes, in particular as related to space use and programming.
- Experience in architectural programming.
- Experience with group facilitation.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2752513
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.